Job Status: Full Time/Direct Hire
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Amount of Travel: Position is local to the Pittsburgh area
Immediate Hire as soon as possible
Data Warehouse Consultants (DWC), LLC is a consulting firm based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, focusing on business intelligence and data warehouse projects. We provide services in strategy, design, architecture, development and implementation of data warehouse and other business intelligence solutions. Our superior expertise on a focused market segment allows us to provide well-rounded professionals for business intelligence needs in any industry.
DWC is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill a business analyst position. The goal of this position is to bridge the gap between our back-end technical systems and our clients’ business focus. The business analyst will work with clients to develop and finalize business requirements for information systems and technical projects we implement. He/She will work with clients to define the project, which includes tasks such as defining key goals and developing process models and use cases. The analyst may also work with clients to help them create reports and extract data our clients need from systems we operate.
The position requires experience working with clients to development business requirements. Technical skills will require using Excel to develop client analyses, and writing basic SQL queries to extract data. Applicants must have experience in developing requirements for technical projects. The ideal candidate has previous exposure in reporting tools (i.e. Reporting Services, Cognos, Crystal Reports) and systems integration.
- 2-4 years of project experience working in a technical, database environment
- Experience in reading/writing SQL queries
- Experience with Excel or another analytical tool
- Has created use cases, business models or process models
- Can create visual business or process models in Visio or another tool
Desired Position Requirements:
- Exposure to reporting tools (i.e. Reporting Services, Cognos, Crystal Reports)
- .Net experience
- Has used Oracle clients (i.e. Golden or SQL Navigator)
- Has data warehousing knowledge
- Prior project management experience
Education Requirements: Four-year bachelor’s degree
Desired Degrees: Engineering, Business, Computer Science or Mathematics
DWC offers a complete benefit package including:
- Comprehensive health care coverage
- Vision, dental and short/long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- A 401(k) plan
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter with your salary requirements via email to email@example.com.